Information About Us
- www.thewordrunsthroughit.com, “The Website” is a site operated by The Word Runs Through It, “The Company”, registered in England and Wales under registration number 8297396. “The Company’s” registered office is:
145 – 157 St. John Street
London, EC1V 4PW
Terms of Website Use
Reliance on Information Posted & Disclaimer
- The materials contained on “The Website” are provided for general information purposes only and do not claim to be or constitute legal or other professional advice and shall not be relied upon as such.
- “The Company” does not accept any responsibility for any loss, which may arise, from accessing or reliance on the information on “The Website” and to the fullest extent permitted by English law, “The Company” excludes all liability for loss or damages direct or indirect arising from use of “The Website”.
Accessing “The Website”
- Access to “The Website” is permitted on a temporary basis, and “The Company” reserves the right to withdraw or amend the service provided on “The Website” without notice (see below). “The Company” will not be liable if for any reason “The Website” is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Submitting Information to “The Website”
- For which all the necessary consents have not been obtained;
- That is discriminatory, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, liable to incite racial hatred, in breach of confidentiality or privacy, which may cause annoyance or inconvenience to others, which encourages or constitutes conduct that would be deemed a criminal offence, give rise to a civil liability, or otherwise is contrary to the law in the United Kingdom;
- Which is harmful in nature including, and without limitation, computer viruses, Trojan horses, corrupted data, or other potentially harmful software or data.
- Persons submitting material other than “The Company” information to “The Website” are solely responsible for that material and for any claims relating to its content.
- “The Company” reserves the right at its sole discretion to remove any content which it deems to be objectionable, and otherwise to review, edit or delete any comments posted by users which it deems defamatory, unlawful, threatening or otherwise objectionable.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, and to the extent permitted in law, “The Company” accepts no responsibility or liability for any material communicated by third parties via “The Website.”
Intellectual Property Rights
- Unless otherwise indicated, this “Website” and its contents are the property of “The Company”. The copyright in the material contained on this Website belongs to “The Company” or its content providers.
- The trademarks appearing on this Website are protected by the laws of England and by international trademark laws.
- All contributors to “The Website” retain the copyright to their content, however “The Company” retains the 1st publication rights to all user content.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from “The Website” for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on “The Website”.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- “The Company’s” status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the materials on “The Website” for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from “The Company” or our licensors.
- You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including, without limitation, scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent.
- You must not use our website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
- You must not use our website for any purposes related to marketing without our express written consent.
“The Website” Changes Regularly
- “The Company” aims to update “The Website” regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, “The Company” may suspend access to “The Website”, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on “The Website” may be out of date at any given time, and “The Company” is under no obligation to update such material.
“The Company’s” Liability
- The material displayed on “The Website” is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, “The Company”, and third parties connected to “The Company” hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms, which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with “The Website” or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of “The Website”, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- Loss of income or revenue;
- Loss of business;
- Loss of profits or contracts;
- Loss of anticipated savings;
- Loss of data;
- Loss of goodwill;
- Wasted management or office time.
- For any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
- This does not affect “The Company’s” liability for death or personal injury arising from “The Company’s” negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Viruses, Hacking and Other Offenses
- You must not misuse “The Website” by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material, which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to “The Website”, the server on which “The Website” is stored or any server, computer or database connected to “The Website”. You must not attack “The Website” via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
- By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. “The Company” will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and “The Company” will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use “The Website” will cease immediately.
- “The Company” will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of “The Website” or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Links from “The Website”
Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
- The English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to “The Website”.
- If you have any concerns about material, which appears on “The Website”, please contact: email@example.com
Thank you for visiting “The Website”.